The Ahref Foundation was established in Trento on April 19th, 2010. Ahref is the first Italian foundation that contains in its charter, the study of the active Internet audience and its relationship to information and institutions. For this reason it seems important to publish both the deed of establishment and the memorandum and articles of association which can be downloaded from this page in full.
For those who do not have the patience (or time) to read the full version of the two documents we have included Article 2 below of the deed of establishment of the foundation that defines its purpose:
- To study, research and analyse the Internet and the media, in particular their economic, political, social and cultural effects on society; to study social media, the role of the individual, of institutions and enterprises in the generation of information.
- To share tools and information services and knowledge for the ordinary citizen in dealing with institutions, business, government and all social participants; to assess and enhance the quality of information, study and promote innovative forms of financing information and those people generating the information.
- To study the possible future scenarios and innovative interactions between the Internet, the media system, society, the economy and technology, innovation in language, design and information storage technology.
- To teach people to produce information, to decode messages offered by the media, to study and appreciate the social dynamics linked to the media, that favour the development of civil co-existence and of the cultural quality of information;
- To contribute to the creation of relational goods, the human capital that becomes social capital, to the content of the horizontal conversations between people, with government bodies and business;
- To promote awareness of such issues in society and particularly in schools.
- To transfer knowledge and research results to individuals, institutions, businesses and the workplace;
- To promote and develop projects that will also include pilot projects designed to test, verify and disseminate ideas that emerged in the research, consistent with its aims and objectives at local, national and even international attention with particular attention paid to the countries of the southern hemisphere;
- To promote events, exhibitions, conferences, debates, create and produce multimedia events, in order to achieve its goals.